UK Theatre | Off Stage conference
UK Theatre's Off Stage conference will explore venue related building issues, environmental & sustainability improvements, health & safety initiatives and hands-on technical & production management.
Bringing together professionals across operations, front of house, technical, general management, customer service and administration either or both days will be an opportunity to network, explore practical solutions and discuss latest developments in the sector. It will focus on issues affecting the industry today and also predicting future risks and our responses.
The conference will include seminars from leading industry experts including the HSE, ABTT, IOSH and NaCTSO. Our Architecture Adviser, Claire Appleby, will also be contributing.
Practical workshops are also on the agenda to provoke discussion and learning on key subjects affecting our industry. Participants will explore practical solutions to impact change at their venues and also discover how they can influence a positive approach to managing risks when they get back to work.
Sessions and workshops include:
- Predicting future theatre risks & opportunities | Theatres Trust Architecture Adviser Claire Appleby will be contributing to this session.
- Setting the scene for health & safety
- Staff security awareness
- Electrical safety changes
- Theatre ceilings four years on
- A legal whodunit: the mystery hole in the floor
- Code of conduct - national best practice?
- Square holes, round pegs - recruitment & retention
- Close encounters of the production kind!
Theatres Trust Friends and Corporate Supporters can book at the Member rate of £140.
If you are already a Member, book online with UK Theatre. If you are not a UK Theatre Member, but would like to attend then email the UK Theatre team email@example.com or call 020 7557 6700, quoting Theatres Trust.