Theatres Magazine Summer 2018 published
Theatres Trust Summer Theatres Magazine for Friends and Corporate Supporters has been published, leading on Conference 18: Adapt & Thrive, here's a peek at what's inside.
Discover the theatre stories we're featuring in the Summer edition:
- Director Jon Morgan introduces the themes being discussed at Conference 18: Adapt & Thrive - new money and new models for theatre buildings, taking place on Tuesday 16 October 2018 at the Lyric Hammersmith.
- Find out about our ambitions for our Improving Accessibility grants, currently open for applications. Accessibility is the theme for year one of our three year Wolfson Foundation partnered Theatre Improvement Scheme.
- And we detail the ten projects to recently receive around £50,000 from our Small Grant Schemes for London, and the UK.
- Our Showcase this edition is NST City, a new theatre that sits at the heart of Southampton that came about through a partnership between the council, the university and developer Grosvenor.
- The team behnd another new theatre, Streatham Space Project, which came about through a S106 developer agreement and tender process, walk us from S106 to theatre.
- We talk to Waltham Forest Council, recently announced as the first ever London Borough of Culture, and new owners of Theatre at Risk Walthamstow Granada about their commitment to culture.
- Stay up-to-date with our planning, Theatres at Risk and other campaign work.
- Find our more about our new National Planning Adviser Tom Clarke, and his work ensuring policies to protect theatres sit prominently in the planning system.
- And finally, read a book review of Culture in the City: Sunderland's Cultural Transformation, which details how the city has sown the seeds for a major cultural intervention.
Advertisers in the Summer 2018 issue of Theatres Magazine are: 8build | ADB StageLight | EM Acoustics | ETC | Harlequin Floors | Haworth Tompkins | Knight of Illumination Awards | Plann | Theatreplan | Theatre Projects | Unusual Rigging
Theatres Magazine is curently a benefit for Friends and Corporate Supporters of the Theatres Trust.