Exterior of the Town Hall, incorporating the Princes Theatre, Clacton-on-Sea, 1988
- Image ID1273
- Image titleExterior of the Town Hall, incorporating the Princes Theatre, Clacton-on-Sea, 1988
- DescriptionColour photograph showing the façade and roof of the Town Hall, incorporating the Princes Theatre behind the façade, in Clacton-on-Sea. Taken from across the road, the façade dominates the photograph with a hipped roof visible above and to the right. It is a brick structure with stone dressings, with a central entrance block in the classical style consisting of three tall arched doorways framed between four fluted columns. The columns are topped by a large pediment with the inscription CLACTON TOWN HALL in between. Either side of the entrance are two-storey blocks in five bays each, with sash windows at both levels, the upper storey being an attic level set into a tiled roof. Corner towers bookend the building, the nearest of which is largely out of shot to the right. The tower visible to the left has a sash window below an arched window, all set into stone decoration below hipped roof.
- Depicted theatrePrinces (Clacton-on-Sea)
- Depiction date5th May 1988
- Copyright holderTheatres Trust