View of the Palace Theatre across Cambridge Circus, London, 1910
- Image ID141
- Image titleView of the Palace Theatre across Cambridge Circus, London, 1910
- DescriptionBlack and white postcard showing the façade and a sidewall of the Palace Theatre, within a streetscape of Cambridge Circus in London. Octagonal shafts divide the façade into three bays, with many small arched windows linked vertically and horizontally into varied groupings. The shafts and octagonal corner towers rise above the parapet and are crowned by domes, and a broad, banded gable rises behind the main façade facing the circus. A canopy stretches the width of the façade, pronounced in the centre with PALACE across its face, and continues to the left around the exposed sidewall where a colonnade is also visible. Signage appears at street-level advertising a show featuring the Russian dancers Anna Pavlova and Michael Mordkin.
- Depicted theatrePalace (London)
- Depiction date27th May 1910
- Copyright holderNot specified
- CreatorThe London Stereoscopic Company