Exterior of the Miners’ Institute, Blackwood, 1996
- Image ID378
- Image titleExterior of the Miners’ Institute, Blackwood, 1996
- DescriptionColour photograph showing the façade and sidewall of the Miners’ Institute in Blackwood. Taken from across the high street, it shows the three-bay façade dominating the right hand side with the sidewall to the left. The building is in three storeys and houses a theatre, cinema, bar and restaurant. The outer bays on the façade are slightly advanced with the centre bay containing the main entrance, also advanced from the main part of the building, at its base. Tablature high up on the sidewall reads ‘Blackwood Miners Institute – Theatre Cinema, Bar, Restaurant’, with the ‘D’ from Blackwood and the ‘A’ from cinema both missing. A billboard in the foreground masks the sidewall at ground floor level.
- Depicted theatreBlackwood Miners' Institute
- Depiction date14th August 1996
- Copyright holderTheatres Trust
- CreatorMr Terence Rees