Streetscape showing the Empire Theatre, Daly's Theatre and the Hippodrome, London, 1912
- Image ID53
- Image titleStreetscape showing the Empire Theatre, Daly's Theatre and the Hippodrome, London, 1912
- DescriptionBlack and white postcard showing the façades of the Empire Theatre and Daly's Theatre, with the Hippodrome in the background, within a streetscape of Leicester Square in London. The Empire appears first on the left hand side of the postcard. Various advertising signage can be seen at street-level, and a poster hangs on the balcony advertising a production of 'Everybody's Doing It!’ Daly's Theatre, with its first floor loggia, appears towards the right hand side of the postcard. A production called 'Gypsy Love' is advertised on the canopy. The Hippodrome is visible just beyond Daly's. Its name can be seen on a canopy at the front of the building and also in large lettering underneath a cupola on the nearest top corner. The skeletal iron dome, crowned by its chariot and rearing horses, is visible on the far corner.
- Depicted theatreEmpire (London)
- Depiction date—
- Copyright holderNot specified
- CreatorJ. Beagles & Co. Ltd.