Modern Theatre Architecture Book Bundle T&C
For anyone interested in modern architecture and how theatre design evolved in the 20th and 21st centuries, we’ve got a brilliant prize from Alistair Fair – signed copies of his books Modern Playhouses: an Architectural History of Britain's New Theatres, 1945-1985 and Play On: Contemporary Theatre Architecture in Britain.
Modern Playhouses: an Architectural History of Britain's New Theatres, 1945-1985 (Oxford University Press, 2020 paperback) - Based on extensive archive research, the book tells the stories behind a swathe of well-loved theatre buildings the length and breadth of Britain, showing how they fit into wider social, political and urban histories. It sheds new light on the designers of these buildings as well as those who commissioned them and worked in them.
Play On: Contemporary Theatre Architecture in Britain (Lund Humphries, 2019) - A signed copy of this well-illustrated book, which looks at British theatre architecture during the last decade. It combines survey chapters with ten case studies, including the award-winning Liverpool Everyman, the intimate Tara Theatre in London, Chester's innovative Storyhouse, and the sumptuous extension to Glasgow's Theatre Royal.
Simply select this reward when you make a donation on our #SaveOurTheatres crowdfunding page or see below for how to enter without donating
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age.
- Open to anyone over the age of 18, worldwide.
- Entries will be accepted between 12:00 on 30 September and 12:00 on 30 October
- Entrants may enter as many times as they'd like.
- Entrants can pledge to this campaign without entering the prize draw.
- To enter the draw without pledging, please send a postcard with your name, address, contact telephone number and the prize draw name to Theatres Trust, 22 Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0QL
- The winner of the Modern Theatre Architecture Book Bundle Prize Draw will be chosen at random and contacted by 30 November 2020. They will be contacted by email on how to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours of the initial email being sent, the next winner will be chosen at random and emailed within 1 week.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or questions.