Call for Evidence: Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors
DCMS Committee is seeking written evidence for its inquiry into the impact of the coronavirus.
Theatres Trust will be making a submission, but it is vital that the committee receives evidence from all parts of the theatre sector and it is particularly helpful for there to be a high volume of responses. So we would urge you to make a submission on behalf of your organisation.
The inquiry will consider the following areas, which you should address in your submission as appropriate.
- What has been the immediate impact of COVID-19 on the sector?
- How effectively has the support provided by DCMS, other Government departments and arms-length bodies addressed the sector’s needs?
- What will the likely long-term impacts of COVID-19 be on the sector, and what support is needed to deal with those?
- What lessons can be learnt from how DCMS, arms-length bodies and the sector have dealt with COVID-19?
- How might the sector evolve after COVID-19, and how can DCMS support such innovation to deal with future challenges?
The deadline has now been extended to Friday 19 June but please make submissions as early as you can as the committee expects to hold evidence sessions from late April into May. Organisations can make additional submissions if they have new evidence to add.
Please make your submissions directly to the DCMS committee. If you are happy to share your submission with us in confidence, please send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Image from Pexel