Wales Cultural Recovery Fund
Part of the Welsh Government’s £53m emergency fund, the Arts Council has announced details of how it will distribute £27.5m to help organisations survive the challenges set by Covid-19.
The fund is made up of two schemes:
Covid-19: Revenue Support for Arts Organisations – £25.5m fund with three funding thresholds based on 2018/19 turnover:
- If your total turnover was £750,000 or under, you can apply for up to £100,000
- If your turnover was between £750,001 and £2,000,000, you can apply for up to £350,000
- If your turnover was above £2,000,000, you can apply for up to £3,000,000
Covid-19: Capital Support for Arts Organisations - Grants between £500 and £50,000 towards one-off capital expenditure from a fund of £2m. Grants could cover
- Equipment needed for a building to make it safe for reopening to thepublic/staff
- Minor works needed for a building to make it safe for reopening to thepublic/staff
- Equipment that will allow you to adapt your working practices to facilitate more remote working
- Equipment that could allow you to adapt your ‘product’ to a different mode of delivery
The emphasis of both grant schemes is on rescue and recovery, but organisations will be expected to sign up to a new ‘Cultural Contract’ to encourage new ways of working and ensure greater diversity in the management, workforce and programming.
Commercial, charitable and local authority organisations are all eligible to apply and organisations can apply to both schemes.
Deadline for applications: 5pm on Wednesday 9 September.