Bursary Scheme for Conference 22
Thanks to the generous support of Avison Young, Delfont Mackintosh Theatres and Trafalgar Theatres, free places are available for freelancers, students and representatives of small theatres.
Conference 22: Theatres Fit for the Future, on 11 October at Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith, will explore what the new post-Covid ‘normal’ looks like and what this means for the way theatres are designed, adapted and operated.
We are keen to include as many voices in the conference as possible so are delighted to launch this bursary scheme offering free places to smaller theatres, freelancers and students.
Successful applicants will receive a free ticket to Conference 22 and a contribution towards travel expenses as follows:
- Up to £120 travel expenses + 1 night accommodation if needed (accommodation to be arranged by Theatres Trust) for recipients from outside of Greater London
- Up to £20 travel expenses for recipients from inside Greater London
We hope you will be able to join us for what promises to be an inspiring day with lively debate and great networking opportunities.
Bursary places are available for:
- Students on higher education courses relating to the themes of the conference
- Representatives from small theatre venues in the UK defined as theatres with fewer than 10 permanent full-time employees and not in receipt of regular arts council funding (ACE/Creative Scotland/ACW/ACNI). Maximum of one representative per organisation.
We strongly encourage disabled people and people who are from ethnically or culturally diverse backgrounds from across the UK to apply as we are committed to ensuring that diverse voices and experiences from the UK theatre sector are reflected in the conference programme, speakers and delegates.
How to apply
Terms and conditions
Decisions to award bursary places will be made by the Theatres Trust. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide feedback on unsuccessful applications.
We will aim to notify successful applicants by 2 September. Applicants will need to confirm their acceptance within a week of being offered a place.
In return for a conference ticket and expenses, bursary recipients must be willing to:
- share their details with the sponsor
- attend a networking breakfast and take part in a promotional photograph with the sponsor
- be included in the attendees list
Thanks to our sponsors
We are enormously grateful to our Bursary Sponsors Avison Young, Delfont Mackintosh Theatres and Trafalgar Theatres.