Join our board at Theatres Trust
Theatres Trust is seeking a Trustee with experience and skills in marketing, communications, digital media and branding.
The chief role of the Trustees is to assist the Chair in meeting the Board’s overall responsibilities, in accordance with their statutory duties and the policies of the Secretary of State. They must be able to attend the meetings of the Board, and such other meetings as may be necessary. Board meetings are normally held four times a year in central London and there are currently two optional sub-committees; Executive Committee & Fundraising Committee who usually meet four times a year.
The Board of Trustees offers guidance and expertise to the Executive (the Director and staff of Theatres Trust).
As well as expertise in marketing, communication, digital media or branding, the successful candidate should have:
- An understanding of and interest in the aims and objectives of Theatres Trust as the national advisory public body for theatres
- Able to facilitate communication between Theatres Trust, Government Ministers, the UK Parliament and the devolved administrations
- An understanding of and commitment to artistic and cultural landscape
- An advocate for Theatres Trust with an ability to actively promote its work to wider networks
- Committed to promoting cultural diversity and equality
Trustees are appointed by the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport. Full information can be found on the Gov.uk website.
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 29 May 2019 at 11pm.
If you would like to discuss the role, contact Tim Eyles, Theatres Trust Chair, on 07970 841915 or by email at email@example.com