Theatres Trust Annual Report 21
We’ve just published our review of the year up until the end of March 2021.
The Covid 19 pandemic meant 2020-21 was a year of unprecedented challenge for theatres and Theatres Trust’s work had to flex quickly, creating a new one-year plan for 20/21 focusing on advocacy and support for theatres in crisis and providing additional advice to theatres and other stakeholders, alongside maintaining core and statutory activities.
The Annual Report provides a financial review of the year and looks at our achievements and performance in 2020/21 against our three main priorities:
- Advice and planning
- Grant giving
Key impact statistics
In 2020-21, Theatres Trust:
- raised almost £2.5m to provide direct support to theatres affected by the Covid pandemic
- provided specialist, tailored advice to 153 theatre organisations
- commented on 217 planning and listed building applications and 79 local planning documents
- awarded more than £492,000 to 92 theatres across the UK
- hosted webinars offering guidance to help theatres navigate the pandemic, which were attended by 450 people