Conference 22 Inclusion Statement
Theatres Trust is committed to ensuring that the diverse voices and experiences of the UK theatre sector are able to participate in Conference 22.
- We aim to ensure that speakers are as representative as possible of the diversity of the UK.
- In recognition of the ongoing recovery of the sector, our ticket prices are at less than pre-pandemic levels.
- We work with partner organisations including ABTT, ITC and UK Theatre to promote the conference as widely as possible.
- A bursary scheme for free places is available to freelancers, small theatres, and students. This will include expenses to remove financial and geographical barriers for recipients.
- In order to keep the process fair and consistent across all applicants, bursary applications will be assessed using one standard form, and will not require a formal CV to supplement the application.
- Conference 22 will be held at Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith, which is a fully accessible venue. The Lyric is fully equipped with elevators to the two theatres, the Main House and Studio, and to the Reuben Foundation Wing.
- The Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith has a range of toilet facilities available including all-gender, gender specific and private accessible toilets in the café, on the Stalls level, on the balcony level near the creative space, and a ‘Changing Places’ toilet in the Reuben Foundation Wing. Further information about accessibility at Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith can be found here on its website.
- All of Hammersmith’s Underground lines (District, Piccadilly, Circle and Hammersmith and City) have good wheelchair access.
- All keynote presentations and panel discussions at Conference 22 will be live captioned by Stagetext and BSL interpreted.
- Speakers and panellists will be supplied with guidelines on accessibility, visibility, and minimum fonts to ensure their slides are accessible to all.
- All Speakers will be asked to describe their appearance at the beginning of their presentations.
- A quiet room will be available throughout the day for attendees to use, should they require it.
- Sennheiser infra-red audio enhancement system is provided in both the Main House and Studio at Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith. You can collect a headset from a member of the Visitor Services team.
- Attendees are encouraged to contact email@example.com to discuss any specific accessibility needs.