Conference 19: Centre Stage round-up
Conference 19: Centre Stage - artist and audience at the heart of theatres looked at theatres from the perspective of the people they are there to serve.
Fittingly the conference took place at Battersea Arts Centre, a venue with a rich social history, which engages widely with both artists and audiences in the development of the building and its activities.
- Reflections on Centre Stage by Jon Morgan, Director, Theatres Trust
- People-centred design by David Micklem, 64 Million Artists
- A mirror to wider society by Nicola Walls, Page\Park
- It's more than just bricks and mortar by James Ashfield, bursary recipient and independent producer
- Stepping over the threshold by Nafeesah Butt, conference attendee and theatre consultant
- Definition of a theatre by John Bradburn, Montague Evans (published on the Montague Evans website)
Q&A on the conference themes - David Lan, formerly the Artistic Director of the Young Vic and architect Steve Tompkins of Howarth Tompkins
Thanks to the Conference 19: Sponsors and Partners who made the day possible.