Theatres Trust 2019 highlights
2019 has been an extraordinary year for us. Here are some of the highlights
- Launched our Theatres at Risk Register at Alexandra Palace with Jack Dee hosting
- Provided specialist, tailored advice to over 120 theatres
- Commented on 354 planning and listed building applications and 142 local planning documents
- Published a suite of useful advice notes on a range of aspects of theatres, planning and capital projects
- Held our biggest ever annual conference at the stunning Battersea Arts Centre putting artists and audience at the heart of the discussion
- Awarded more than £250,000 worth of grants including our 100th grant
- Launched our Theatres at Risk Capacity Building Programme working intensively with six of our most at risk theatres
- Hosted special supporter events at the Lyceum Theatre, the Boulevard Theatre and the Dominion Theatre
- Unveiled our GDS FoH Fund providing in-kind front of house lighting for one theatre in the UK
- Announced our Theatre Photograph of the Year competition with Jude Law, Miranda Hart and Matthew Bourne as judges
- Started our Christmas Appeal at White Christmas at the Dominion Theatre and collected over £8,600 through a week long bucket collection kindly made possible by the producers of the show.
Looking ahead to 2020
2020 is already shaping up to be a busy year with the new Theatres at Risk Register published in January, Theatre Photograph of the Year competition winners announced and continuing to support theatres through our grant-giving and specialist advice service.
(Photo - exclusive tour of the Lyceum for Patrons. Credit: Sharron Wallace)