Theatre Reopening Fund
Theatres Trust awarded grants totalling £301,873 to 75 not-for-profit theatres across the UK to make Covid-19-related adaptions and prepare for reopening.
Read about the theatres funded through this scheme:
- Theatre Reopening Fund awards final grants to 40 theatres
- More than £150k awarded through our Theatre Reopening Fund
- More than £81k awarded to help theatres on the road to reopening
About the Theatre Reopening Fund
In response to the coronavirus crisis, Theatres Trust repurposed our small grants schemes to support theatres to cover the additional costs of reopening after several months’ closure.
The Theatre Reopening Fund supported building improvements and purchasing equipment that will support the theatre to be able to open viably and safely.
Priority was given to those who demonstrated how the project wouldsupport the theatre’s safe reopening.
Works that support a risk-assessed approach to reopening could include:
- alterations to circulation spaces to enable social distancing
- changes to ventilation systems
- purchase and installation of Perspex screens and sanitisation stations
- any other equipment and building improvements that support reopening
Thanks to our funders
We are hugely grateful to the generosity of our funders for making this scheme possible:
- The Mackintosh Foundation
- Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation
- Soho Estates
- Charles Michael Holloway Charitable Trust
- The Swire Charitable Trust
- Judy Craymer CBE
- Theatre Royal, Haymarket
- The Pilgrim Trust
- The Foyle Foundation
- Money raised by the Theatre Super Auction