Small Grants Programme reopens for applications
We’ve revised the application form and guidance to make applying for our grants easier.
Theatres Trust's Small Grants Programme, supported by The Linbury Trust, funds small projects that make a big impact to a theatre’s resilience, sustainability, accessibility or improving the diversity of audiences.
We have been reviewing the application process to make our decision-making more transparent and to make completing the application simpler for theatres.
The focus of the scheme and its eligibility criteria remain the same – please see the Small Grants Programme page for full details.
To date, the scheme has awarded grants to 70 projects to support a wide range improvements or essential works including:
- Improving level access to support increased attendance from audiences with limited mobility
- Replacing or installing a building management system (BMS) to improve building management efficiency, reduce energy usage and maximise staff capacity
- Suppling new heating or cooling systems to improve audience and artist experience in the auditorium
- Improving draught-proofing of windows or doors to retain heat and save costs
- Purchasing a new hearing loop or stage text system for audiences with visual and hearing impairments
- Replacing Tungsten with LED lighting and supporting the purchase of digital lighting operating systems
Deadline for applications: midday on 12 January 2024.
We plan to host a Q&A webinar to give theatres the opportunity to ask questions about the scheme and their projects before applying. Details of this will be available soon – please sign up to our newsletters to keep informed.